Thursday, September 15, 2011

My friend was changing my front brakes and popped the wheel bearing out of the rotor....?

It flew up in the air, fortunately didn't get damaged when it landed, but got wheel bearing grease on my jeans. This is a weird question, but is there anything I can use to get the grease out of the jeans or help get it out before I throw it in the wash? He said to use brake cleaner. Any suggestions??
My friend was changing my front brakes and popped the wheel bearing out of the rotor....?
Use a product called Goop. It's a hand cleaner designed to remove grease after you've been working on cars (works great for that). You scrub the Goop into the jeans, and only THEN do you run water on it. Hitting the Goop with water starts dissolving it.



If you didn't get all the grease out of your jeans, you'll have to let them dry before you try again.



My wife keeps a container of Goop in the laundry room -- it's great for any oil- or grease-based stains (as well as good for the garage).
My friend was changing my front brakes and popped the wheel bearing out of the rotor....?
No. brake cleaner is your best bet, but even that probably won't work totally. You are better off replacing your jeans. Never wear anything you care about when you're working on a car...
Dont throw it in the wash cuz all your clothes will be messed up just spend a little money and buy a new pair of jeans. I am sure if you can afford the internet then you can afford to get a pair of pants.
Brake cleaner has a very fast drying chemical that will cut grease. It may also change the color of your jeans, so I would try a small section of the cuff first to make sure. Good detergent will also remove grease. One of the best is Dawn dishwashing soap. Apply that with a scrub brush before throwing in the washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment