Friday, September 23, 2011

Audi A4 Wheel Bearing problem...?

I have a 1999 Audi A4 2.8L V6. A couple of days ago weird clicking noise started coming out of my rear passenger side wheel area. I took it to a mechanic today and he told me it was my wheel bearing and that i need to change it? Can someone tell its the wheel bearing and that it has to be changed just by listening to the noise? Do I really have to get it changed? How much would it cost? the mechanic told me it would take 2 1/2 hours to change it. Is that really such a long process? Can you recommend what kind of wheel bearing I should purchase because they would charge me $130 just for the wheel bearing plus labor while Autozone had a wheel bearing for $70.



I might not know much about cars but that doesn't mean that anyone has the right to make fun of me or my questions. If you dont have a helpful answer then dont respond and keep your jokes to yourself. thanks.
Audi A4 Wheel Bearing problem...?
You can usually tell what is wrong just by listening to the noise. It could also be the CV Axles that are going bad.

As for time, that is quite long for changing a wheel bearing. A wheel bearing replacement (for one wheel) usually takes from 45min to 1 hr 30 min.

Regrading what bearing brand you should go with, I would suggest http://mibearings.com they have very good bearings (USA made) at very competitive prices. go to their front page, and fill out the form on the right. I would also mention the price quotes you got for the other companies.

I would not suggest Autozone bearings, they could be made in china. Check with the,
Audi A4 Wheel Bearing problem...?
I just had my wheel bearing replaced on my Audi Yesterday!



Yup, that is the noise for a bad wheel bearing. But what you need to figure out is if its coming from the Left Rear tire or the Right Rear tire. This will save time and money!



I bought my wheel bearing at www.blauparts.com



It was $45 for the part. With my mechanic, it took him an hour to replace. But of coarse he has been working on Audi's for 20 years so he can move fast! hah



So go to www.blauparts.com and the wheel bearing for the Audi A4 is only around $45.00



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment