Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ok I still have the "rubbing" sound on my 1999 Dodge Durango. I was told it was the Wheel Bearing.?

First I wanna say thanks to everyone that helped me with my last question. Now its kinda the same thing. I still have that rubbing sound on my 1999 Durango its not as loud and sounds like its coming from the drivers side but not 100% about that. We were told by more than a couple people that it was prolly the Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly that needed fixed so we fixed both in the front! Now after a few days the rubbing is back not as bad but now its when we drive straight... not while turning! What else could this be? CV Joint? Ball Joint? Tie Rod?

I guess while changing the Wheel Bearing my husband did see that the rubber part of the ball joint was broke could that be our problem?
Ok I still have the %26quot;rubbing%26quot; sound on my 1999 Dodge Durango. I was told it was the Wheel Bearing.?
I hope you checked with your local dealer to see if the D-21 recall applies to your vehicle. You may be able to have your upper bal joints replaced for free if it does.

If you're hearing noise while going straight you should check the brakes and the dust protector behind the rotor. It's pretty easy to bend while wrestling around with the hubs and it may be contacting the rotor and making a rubbing sound.

Also a good idea to check CV joints carefully, but they will generally make more of a clicking sound when turning. If the boots are OK and not throwing grease then they are probably good.

Best of Luck!
Ok I still have the %26quot;rubbing%26quot; sound on my 1999 Dodge Durango. I was told it was the Wheel Bearing.?
You have to find somebody in your area that knows their stuff take it for a ride. If the bearings are both new, and were installed correctly, you may have a dust sheild rubbing a brake rotor or possibly cupped tires.
Oh boy I have a 2000 Durango 5.9 with 108,025 miles I replace my rack pinion $$$$ Ball joints, wheel bearing, steering box in still the truck is making popping noise the streering wheel feel lose sometime All of this was a waste of money because it still havve the same noise! Not ever the Chrysler dealership dont know what is going on they say everything is good nothing is lose! I dont living like that I had this noise the popping noise for 1 years I been driving this truck and nothing had happen thanks to god!



The 1998-2000 Durango have poor suspesion parts that is why they did a big recall in 2004 about this issue! good luck,
try doing this before you spend any more money on it and wind up with the same results take it to a front end shop and let them test drive it and give you a hands on opinion on what might be causing that too happen,a bad ball joint will put the CV joint in a bind and cause that too happen to one,but be sure before you replace any more parts on it,you already know your going to need ball joints so take it and let a shop test drive it,i guarantee you they will be able to locate it for you,dont let the looks of a good axle fool you,one can still be bad even though the boots arent busted on it the joints will simply wear out over time,good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment