Friday, September 23, 2011

Is white lithium grease suitable for a wheel bearing overhaul on my MTB?

It has an operating temperature up to 400 degrees F according to the package. Is it durable enough or should I change to heavier stuff? I don't want to wear anything out or have the grease melt and run out of the seals.
Is white lithium grease suitable for a wheel bearing overhaul on my MTB?
Absolutely. It's what I use for general overhauls on all bearing surfaces.



If speed and performance is what you want, try the %26quot;trackmens slack%26quot; technique on your hubs... get everything in there super clean then lubricate with light machine oil- Tri Flow will work well too... then run the bearings slightly loose. The wheels will spin forever but will require rebuild after every race.
Is white lithium grease suitable for a wheel bearing overhaul on my MTB?
That will be fine, I dont know why you think the temps will get anywhere close to that.



http://bicycletutor.com/lubricants/
  • shared web hosting
  • in love with married man
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment