Friday, September 23, 2011

98 Ford fiesta wheel bearing nut socket size?

I know this is very specific but someone here may know, I'm Changing the shoes and need to remove the baring nut to get the drum off, I don't have the right size socket in my set, what size is it? 27mm is too small (been to Halfords)
98 Ford fiesta wheel bearing nut socket size?
I know most Fords are 32mm socket, and the use of a breaker bar strongly advised as well as a torque wrench for when you are re-fitting.
98 Ford fiesta wheel bearing nut socket size?
I think that it is actually called an axle nut.

It screws onto the axle.

I suggest http://mibearings.com for wheel bearings. They are USA made and very inexpensive.
Measure nut across the flats of the nut with a metric tape or better still a calliper. You could leave the cap off and drive it to the auto parts store...they will measure it for you.
For a wheel bearing I usually use a large crescent wrench, as should not be on too tight.
probably 32mm like most mazdas as they are made by ford
30 mm
Pretty sure they're 32mm
Try here and ask someone who should know.

http://www.justanswer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment