Thursday, October 6, 2011

LOOSE WHEEL BEARINGS ON FRONT WHEELS?

whenever I drive my front tires make a sound similar to that of a flat tire but the tires r new and they are not on flat,I know a wheel bearing change is very costly I called pep boys and they said 600$ I'm not willinng to pay anyone know where I can go ? and do I just need them tightened? I'm 100% sure that I will not pay for new ones just something I refuse to do so ill just continue to drive until they fall off ,can I tighten them myself please help me
LOOSE WHEEL BEARINGS ON FRONT WHEELS?
Changing wheel bearings is a do-it-yourself job if you have a torque wrench. Although, Some bearing replacements require a Hydraulic press.

I would go to http://mibearings.com and fill out the form on the right. Ask them if you need any special tools to replace the bearings.

(Also, if you do it yourself you are looking at $40 to $200 (max) in cost)

Good Luck!
LOOSE WHEEL BEARINGS ON FRONT WHEELS?
They can not be just tightened. They have to be replaced. Sorry,
i just fix a niegbors car bearings the other day. cost of bearings=40 dollars=cost of labor=case of bud lite. sorry someone is pulling your leg.
if it,s a rear wheel drive then maybe all the bearings need is packed with grease and adjusted. jack up your car and see if you can shake the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment